We provide three training courses for citizen scientists and non-profits, to build your skills from basic surveying up to becoming a MoRPh Trainer:
- Introduction to MoRPh provides you with a login to our Citizen Science MoRPh database, teaches you everything you need to know to conduct a MoRPh survey, and explains the difference between single MoRPh modules and MoRPh10 subreach surveys;
- Reinforcing MoRPh is aimed at existing surveyors who want a refresher in conducting surveys and interrogating and interpreting data;
- Becoming a MoRPh Trainer is aimed at experienced MoRPh surveyors who want to run the Introduction to MoRPh course for other citizen scientists.
Check our Events page for upcoming Introduction to MoRPh courses, or subscribe to our newsletter to hear about them when they are announced. We don’t routinely advertise Reinforcing MoRPh or Becoming a MoRPh Trainer, but we can run any of the three courses by appointment:
You may also be able to join Introduction to MoRPh courses being offered by third parties in your home area. Get in touch to find out which groups are operating near you:
Introduction to MoRPh
This one-day introductory course provides you with a MoRPh login and trains you in:
- how to conduct a MoRPh survey;
- how to record surveys on the MoRPh database;
- how to view and download maps and other outputs.
The course involves time spent in the classroom and the field. Be sure to bring warm clothes and wellies!
We can run Introduction to MoRPh for up to 10 attendees in response to demand. Get in touch to arrange training for your organization.
This course is ideal for trained MoRPh surveyors who have already conducted a number of surveys and want to refresh and expand their knowledge. It provides a second day of field and desk study that addresses various aspects of the survey and software in greater depth. The course is a great way to prepare for Becoming A MoRPh Trainer.
We run Reinforcing MoRPh in response to demand, which allows us to tailor the course to meet your specific needs. Get in touch to arrange training for your organization.
To attend this course you must have completed Introduction to MoRPh and conducted a minimum of 10 MoRPh surveys.
Becoming a MoRPh Trainer
This one day course provides everything you need to train and register your own volunteers to collect MoRPh data. It checks that you fully understand the MoRPh field survey and tools, and can apply them in complex situations.
On completion of the training you will be able to:
- train others in how to conduct a MoRPh survey;
- register your own volunteers on the MoRPh database;
- approve surveys created by your trainees.
We run Becoming a MoRPh Trainer in response to demand. Get in touch to arrange training for you or your organization.
To attend this course you must have completed Introduction to MoRPh and conducted a minimum of 30 MoRPh surveys on at least three different rivers.