Scientific publications and other supporting literature:
- Gurnell, A.M., Scott, S.J., England, J., Gurnell, D.J., Jeffries, R., Shuker, L., Wharton, G. (2020) Assessing River Condition: A Multiscale Approach Designed for Operational Application in the Context of Biodiversity Net Gain. River Research & Applications. https://doi.org/10.1002/rra.3673
- Gurnell, A.M. (2019) MoRPh: A citizen science tool for monitoring river physical habitat over multiple time and space scales. Presented at the British Ecological Society Annual Meeting, December 2019, Belfast.
- Gurnell, A.M., England, J., Shuker, L., Wharton, G. (2019) The contribution of citizen science volunteers to river monitoring and management: international and national perspectives and the example of the MoRPh survey. River Research and Applications. https://doi.org/10.1002/rra.3483
- Shuker, L., Gurnell, A.M., Wharton, G., Gurnell, D., England, J., Finn-Leeming, B., Beach, E. (2017) MoRPh: A citizen science tool for monitoring and appraising physical habitat changes in river. Water and Environment Journal 31:3, https://doi.org/10.1111/wej.12259
Scientific publications demonstrating applications of MoRPh:
- Shuker, L., Gething, K., Hayes, C., England, J. (2023). The Modular River Survey and its application in ecological studies. Freshwater Biological Association News 86: 4–8.
- Gething, K., Hayes, C., Webb, J.R., Sykes, T., England, J., Stubbington, R. (2022) Living on the edge: Predicting invertebrate richness and rarity in disturbance-prone aquatic–terrestrial ecosystems. Ecological Solutions and Evidence https://doi.org/10.1002/2688-8319.12196
- England, J., Dobbek, L., Finn Leeming, B., Gurnell, A.M., Wharton, G. (2019) Restoration of a chalk stream using wood: assessment of habitat improvements using the Modular River Survey: Restoration of a chalk stream using wood. Water and Environment Journal. 33:3. https://doi.org/10.1111/wej.12466
- Beach, E., England, J., Gurnell, A.M. (2018) Appraising chalk streams using citizen science. Transactions of the Hertfordshire Natural History Society 50 (1) 2018
- England, J., Beach, E., Finn Leeming, B., Shuker, L. (2017) Characterising Hertfordshire chalk stream habitats using MoRPh. Transactions of the Hertfordshire Natural History Society 49(1) 2017
- England, J., Beach, E., Finn Leeming, B., Shuker, L. (2017) Introducing the Modular River Survey. Transactions of the Hertfordshire Natural History Society 49(1) 2017